Leslie Stefanson was born and raised in northern Minnesota. She graduated with a degree in English Literature from Barnard College of Columbia University in New York City. She worked as an actress in both film and television before devoting her time to sculpting. She studied anatomy and figure sculpture extensively in both Los Angeles and New York City.
She currently lives and works in New York City with her partner, James Spader, and their son.
New York City, NY, 1993
BA in English Literature
Robert Cunningham Studio
Los Angeles, CA, 2000-2004
Sculpting in clay from the human form. Anatomy and life drawing. Stone sculpture workshop. Mold making and casting.
Otis Art School
Los Angeles, CA, 2004-2005
Stone sculpture study
Los Angeles Art College
Los Angeles, CA, 2006-2007
Ecorche study: Rey Bustos
Life drawing: Rey Bustos
Art Students League
New York City, NY. 2009-2010; 2014-2016
Life drawing: Frank Porcu;
Mixed media and assemblage: Leonid Lerman
Wax sculpture/direct casting: Oscar Garcia
Midwestern Invitational exhibition of Fine Arts:
The Rourke Art Gallery and Museum.
Moorhead, MN. 2010.
National Sculpture Society’s 86th Annual Awards Exhibition:
Pawleys’s Island, SC. 2019.
National Sculpture Society Gallery:
New York City, NY. 2019-2020.
Light Space and Time Online Gallery:
9th Annual “All Women” Art Exhibition. 2020
Anderson Ranch Arts Center
Snowmass, CO 2021
Gold Medal and Charlotte Geffken Prize.
National Sculpture Society.
“La Bestia”. 2019.
- Glass (2019): As Kelly
- The Hunted (2003): As Irene Kravitz
- Alien Hunter (2003): As Nyla Olson
- MD’s (2002): As Shelly Pangborn
- The Stick-up (2002): As Natalie Wright
- Jackie, Ethel, Joan: The Women of Camelot (2001): As Joan Kennedy
- Unbreakable (2000): As Kelly
- Beautiful (2000): As Joyce Parkins
- The General’s Daughter (1999): As Elisabeth Campbell
- Break Up (1998): As Shelly
- Flubber (1997): As Sylvia
- An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (1997): As Michelle Rafferty
- As Good as it Gets (1997)
- The Mirror has Two Faces (1996): As Sara Myers
- The Cowboy Way (1994)